PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Legacy Outback with fresh JDM Engine swap, Etest and Safety done

Napping
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Winter Beater Alert!
Up for grabs 1998 Green Legacy Outback. Automatic. Heated seats, Cloth interior, etc. ~210k on body, ~50k or less on the engine.

Good:
- JDM engine swap, just finished, runs nice and quiet. Driver side head is properly tapped for EGR port, thus there's no CEL and won't be any issues with e-test in future.
- Recent catback and brand new Bosal Rear Cat (hence such a clean e-test!).
- Lots of things replaced with new, like some coolant, vacuum, fuel hoses, accessory belts, bolts and nuts.
- Fresh alternator off JDM engine, very quiet.
- Body in great shape. Usual trouble spots are still rust-free!
- Brakes recently done.
- E-test and Safety was done on 13th of October.
- Fresh Subaru Coolnat and Subaru engine filter, fresh Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.

bad:
- Front passenger side CV joint boot is torn. No clicking yet though. (I plan on replacing that axle before sale anyway, just to be on a safe side).
- there's a ding on a hood. (can be masked with hood bra or bug deflector)
- A/C not charged. May need inspection. I fixed few things, like put on missing parts of the system like belt tensioner, but didn't bother with full testing, since winter coming anyway.

I am looking for $3,000 with replaced front right axle and winter tires on. Or $2,500 as is.

Link to TSC "for sale" thread (with pics!) (http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/141600-1998-legacy-outback-fresh-jdm-engine-swap-etest-safety-done.html#post1188271)

Napping
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
SOLD!