View Full Version : Fun, Passion, or Insanity. You tell me.

STeveD
12-11-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/roadrally.html#wintr

Some of you may have seen this series advertised on local forums. At first, I discounted it. That's a lot of travel in a short time when I have a heavy work schedule. Giselle would kill me.

Then I thought. Hrmmmm... six winter rallies?? How can you go wrong with that?

Then I thought. Hrmmmm.... we'll miss Two ORRC weekends. That leaves us only 7 more events in which to win the 2011 ORRC Expert Championship.

Then I thought. Hrmmmm... okay, got to clear this with work if I can have a chance at doing this.

Then I thought. Hrmmmm... will need some sponsorship to make this work.

I'm reading SCCA Road Rally rules. Need to find out if any of the regions allow studded tires and if they'll be to our advantage or not.

Whatcha think? Fun, Passion, or Insanity?

We have valid passports, a "new" car, TWO light bars, a rally computer, GPS, and snow tires. I figure that we're already 80% of the way there.

racecartech
12-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Steve,

of course the answer is yes.......to all three

Robin
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
and if you need lights, eric (in Ottawa) has an awesome setup for 2002-2007 impreza (wrx/sti) for sale..

http://www.ottawasubaru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26365

light bar/and 6 aux lights!

Chris_Martin
12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Steve,

Without a doubt, if you have the means to do it...do it!

If you don't you will surely look back and regret it.

TrevorH
12-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Might want to invest in that new drivers seat first. Sitting in that seat a few hours was more painful than the last time I fell to my death (granted, I didn't die in the fall, so maybe I wasn't doing it right).

TR_Tim
12-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd LOVE to do this series. And if I had a trailer (hours and hours in the TR can sap the rallying brain!!) and enough time to get to them all, I'd be in!!!

Certainly you should do them, Steve. No doubt at all. Come back and tell us how good it is, and we'll look at joining you next year!!

:-)

TR_Tim
01-07-2011, 12:18 AM
So, what's the verdict, Steve? Are you attacking the Winter Series?

STeveD
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM
No, I don't think this year will be possible. Too many family and work issues. Like Bruce and Jane, we hope to make it down for one or two events, but we can't do the whole thing.