PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mini Rally Series - Rally Report Posted (Pics included)

Suba-Ken
01-16-2011, 12:13 AM
The 2011 Mini Rally Series has just been announced! All events start/finish around the GTA!

2011 Highlights:
- Saturday afternoon/evening drives – use those rally lights!
- Around 150 km total distance!
- A new Start/Finish location for each Mini Rally – using a new set of challenging roads each time!
- Simple distance-to-turns instructions!
- 2 Classes: Equipped and Un-equipped (Novice & Expert)

Dates and Locations:
• February 5th – Husky Truck Stop, Hwy 400 & Hwy 88, Bradford. Registration: 1:00 PM. Car 1 starts 3:01 PM
• March 12th – Tim Horton’s, Hwy 10 & Mayfield Road, Brampton. Registration: 1:30 PM. Car 1 starts 3:31 PM
• April 9th – Tim Horton’s, Dundas Street West & Hwy 403, Mississauga. Registration: 2:00 PM. Car 1 starts 4:01 PM

Other details:
• $25 entry fee for each team (driver and navigator)
• Valid driver’s licence (for driver only), vehicle registration and insurance required
• Winter tires and safety triangles are required for February and March events. Winter tires may not be required in April (based on weather conditions)

Here is a short video sample of the roads to be used for the Maple Leaf Rally Club's Mini Rally on Feb. 5, 2011. The video shows road conditions 2 days before the Rally.

YouTube - MLRC mini rally Feb 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVWS_qFLVs)

Registration for the Mini Rally opens at 1:00 PM, First car starts at 3:01 PM from the Husky Truck Stop at Hwy 400 and Hwy 88. The Rally will end near Vaughan Mills Mall in Vaughan.

Ken.

Suba-Ken
01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Start times are now available - see above!

Napping
01-27-2011, 11:10 AM
My understanding is that instructions will be identical for both classes?

Suba-Ken
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
That's correct, Eugene, same simple instructions for both classes. Less than a week to go now ...

I drove some of the route today and there is no snow cover left except in some shady areas. However, we are expecting a big snowfall on Wednesday. Helllllooooo!!!

Important Information: The Feb Mini will start at the Husky Truck Stop at Hwy 400 & Hwy 88 but will finish near the Vaughan Mills Mall. So, if the driver and navigator are both driving up from Toronto in different vehicles, they should consider leaving the other car in Vaughan Mills parking lot or at the Car Pool parking at Hwy 400 & King Road.

Note: I'm also looking for workers for this event to work at the checkpoints. All training will be provided. This is a great way to learn about the timing details of a navigational rally. So, if you cannot find a driver or a navigator, come by yourself and work the event.
PM me if you require any information.

Ken.

Suba-Ken
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Congrats to Ian and Glen for their Novice Class win at the February Mini Rally! That is one HOT car!

Ken.

PFTR
02-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Looks like a bit of a baptism by fire - or snow (I guess that's the Canadian version)! Ian P! Way to go. Congrats on the win.
Perry.