PDA

View Full Version : Rally Sport Ontario Annual General Meeting

rmoore
02-17-2011, 08:33 PM
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The 2010 Annual General Meeting of RallySport Ontario will be held on Saturday, March 19, 2011, at 10 o’clock in the forenoon at the following location:

Baker’s Hill Banquet Centre
555 Parkhill Road East (at Television Road)
Peterborough, ON, K9L 1C2

(Note: Google maps and Garmin (etc.) databases will not provide the correct directions using this address. Use 555 Parkhill Road East, Otonabee-South Monaghan, Peterborough County, Ontario, if you plan to rely on these directions.)

Elections to be held at this meeting:

President – Two-year term (Incumbent Ray Felice)

Treasurer – Two-year term (Incumbent Peter Gulliver)

Vice President, Performance – Two-year term (Incumbent Rob MacKenzie)

Trustee – Three year term (Incumbent Peter Gulliver)

Discussion item:

capping of road damage fund, proposed by Peter Gulliver

Awards and banquet will follow at 1 o’clock in the afternoon.

If you do not wish to attend this meeting, you may delegate your vote to another member of RSO using the following form.
(This form is downloadable in pdf format from http://www.rallysport.on.ca)

RSO AGM PROXY

I, _______________________________________________, a 2010 member in good standing of

_______________________________, an RSO affiliated club, hereby appoint and authorize

_______________________________________ to vote on my behalf at the RallySport Ontario

Annual General Meeting to be held in Peterborough on Saturday, March 19,

2011, and any adjournment thereof.

Signed ______________________________________________ (e mail identification acceptable)

Date __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Printed Name __________________________________________________ ________________

STeveD
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
As we've mentioned to you in previous years, RSO works differently than CASC-OR / ASN. Just because someone is a member of SPDA, doesn't mean our Rally Ambassador (Nuwan Dantanarayana) has an extra vote to represent your interests and those of other club members. So even if you don't do rally (yet) please consider proxying your vote to Nuwan or I so that we can continue to improve ease of access to these motorsports for other club members, and make sure that there is still Rallysport in Ontario for the next generation of club members.

RSO AGM PROXY

I, _______________________________________________, a 2010 member in good standing of SPDA-online.ca, an RSO affiliated club, hereby appoint and authorize Nuwan Dantanarayana or Stephen Deneka to vote on my behalf at the RallySport Ontario Annual General Meeting to be held in Peterborough on Saturday, March 19,2011, and any adjournment thereof.

Signed ______________________________________________ (e mail identification acceptable)

Date __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Printed Name __________________________________________________ ________________

If you have viewpoints on any of the above issues mentioned by Rita, please include your specific thoughts. We WILL voice them for you. Another critical reason to proxy your vote this year is that Warren Haywood, 2010 OPRC 5th Overall driver and SPDA member, is running for Vice President of RSO, Performance Rally. We'd love to see Warren helping the sport in this role. For you folks that don't know Warren, here's a brief bio:

From Warren:

I just wanted to give you guys a bit of background on myself so you can better assess the merit of my bid to sit on the Exec of RSO.

As for the sport of rallying goes, for the past 15 years I have been involved in various capacities of the sport from volunteering to competing to representing rally at the EXEC level in the largest multi-discipline club in Canada. In 2003 I made the move from tsd rallying to perf rally and have continued in the sport at the highest level either building cars for others or competing myself.

I see the sport of rally both road rally and perf rally challenged with public perception, and exposure. I have a true desire to help make it better and continue the excellent work the exec has done to date. I wish to represent all competitors in Ontario and believe that it would be of great benefit for us SPDA to have a voice at the table. It would be a huge advantage for our members to have a direct communication line to the decision makers.

To be clear I am putting my name forward to the membership for the position of VP performance and wish to support the current president Ray Felice.

Regards,

Warren

Robin
02-20-2011, 01:16 PM
here's a quick pic of warren / jodie (both spda'ers) at Pierce Neige rally

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/karden07/Perce-Neige%20Rally%202011/_DSC0756.jpg