View Full Version : Volunteers Needed - May 14 and 15 OTA School

nissannx
04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
SPDA has the greatest volunteers - and I'm looking for some.
On Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15 SPDA and OMSC are co-hosting the very successful - and very full - Ontario Time Attack school at Mosport DDT. Myself and Pete (OMSC) are your hosts and we're both looking forward to a great cooperative venture. But we need your help.

From slalom course set up/maintenance to pit out to marshal duty to moral support (stuff like, hey Frank, I like your car but you really need a Subaru! or Hey Pete, Why didn't you buy a white Corvette?) would be invaluable. This year the instructors are CASC-OR certified.

Please let Pete or myself know if you can volunteer by sending an email (frank_ewald at sympatico dot ca or Pete at solosprint at rogers dot com). You could also send me a PM.

You'll get a free lunch each day you're present and, if you volunteer both days, you get a free supper on Saturday also!
Frank

nissannx
04-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Still looking for a couple of folks. I can promise you lots of time outdoors in the elements. The opportunity to watch a range of events happening.
Please let me know.

nissannx
05-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi Folks,
It looks like we're okay for volunteers. But if you want to join us and be a spectator, that's great. We may put you to work!
Frank

nissannx
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, what a great turnout from SPDA. We worked well with OMSC and we faced everything that Mother Nature could throw at us - except sunshine. I think we even had snow at one point in the night!

The volunteer list was huge, but my biggest thanks goes out to Andrew's daughter who stood on the hillside, braving what must have seemed like gale force winds, to ensure that everyone was safe and throwing yellow, red and green flags as needed. The only problem was her dad wasn't on the track so she couldn't black flag him!

Trevor, Ivano, Emily (not SPDA member but showed SPDA heart), Andrew, Andrew's daughter (Yes, I know her name but I'm not posting member's children's name on the forum) were there and key volunteers. Perry, Rick, Peter and another fellow from OMSC were also essential to keeping things going.
Scott, John, Martin, Jonathan, Todd, Klaus, Rob, Mohamed, Will, Gerry, Pierre, Ford, Derrick, Serge, Darren, Al, Ujjwal, Lloyd, Pete, Chuck and myself were there in instructor role.
I hope I didn't overlook anyone, if I did please send me a PM.

STeveD
05-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who volunteered! I spent Sunday trying unsuccessfully to get home a little earlier.

nissannx
05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
There were several other SPDA members, like SteveD, who were coming but their plans changed due to reason outside of their control. We have a great club and great volunteers. Thank you to everyone. If you couldn't make it out but wanted to, then plan on joining us at the Nationals in August. That will be an even bigger weekend!