PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a mortgage?

Geoff_Rex
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
What's the difference between "needing" and "wanting" a mortgage?

Let me show you how to go from needing a mortgage, to paying off the mortgage so you don't need it any longer.

Eg. If you're on a variable rate mortgage and you're paying more than Prime - 0.4%, give me a call. We have a lender that is offering to pay all legal and appraisal fees to get you out of that mortgage and into a better variable. The Bank of Canada has recently revised their growth expectations lower, which indicates that variable rates will be the way to go for the foreseeable future.

If you signed on for a fixed rate a few years back and have been kicking yourself ever since, it's not too late to take advantage. In the current economic situation, variable rates are as sure a bet as they've ever been, and as the saying goes..... "Yesterday was the best time, but today is the second best time" to make the change.

Give me a call and let me run the numbers for you. Sure, it'll be a little bit of work on your part, but if we can't save you more money in 30 minutes of your time than you would have made at work in 30 minutes, then I'll pay for your next auto cross event!

Robin
06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
+1 for Geoff.... I've been with Geoff / mortgage company for over 2.5 years.

was easy/smooth transition from my 1st 5 year mortgage with a major bank to Geoff..

I think Alain (ALF) was his 1st customer about 7-8 years ago.

alf
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm Goeff's 1st customer. I have now gone trough 4 mortgage with him. I'll say Geoff has save me every fees on my refi mortgage lift off to buy the 2nd house, I didn't have to do any work or search. Now I just got to pay both house, to bad he doesn't to this one for me:D

Geoff_Rex
07-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys...

btw, fixed rates are jumping by ~0.30% today. If your renewal is coming up in the next 6 months, let me know today.

Geoff_Rex
09-02-2011, 10:58 AM
One lender still has fantastic variable rate, and they will cover the legal and appraisal fee to break your current crappy fixed rate term and get you into a money saving variable.

For those of you who don't follow international financial news, the Americans have come out and said they will not be raising their interest rates until at least mid-2013. That puts the cuffs on the Bank of Canada so they will have almost no flexibility to increase our prime rates. That statement, and the change of direction for the Bank of Canada not increasing rates is what prompted the banks to increase their own variable rates. They factored in a 1/4% increase in Prime this fall, but since it isn't coming, they simply "decrease the discount" off prime.

But, get in before they all go up and save yourself enough money to buy Hoosiers next year!

nitrowsb
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
We're still good right Geoff?

Geoff_Rex
09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Rock Solid, brother!