PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers Needed - Aug. 26, 27 & 28 ASN Time Attack hosted by SPDA

nissannx
08-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Folks,
We're looking to have an outstanding National Time Attack Championship at Mosport International Raceway. There is going to be a lot going on over these three days. If you can volunteer (gridding, runner for timing, sun parasol holder for Joe, etc.) for one or more days, please share your intentions by posting up here. This event will require lots of bodies!
Thanks so much for your help!
Frank
If I added you to the list and shouldn't have, please PM me and I'll correct that.

The List so far:
Joe T
SteveD
Ivano
Scott M
Rob S
Frank E
Katie E
Serge G
Paul M
Salmaan M
Lloyd M
Ujjwal V
Laz
Walter

LaszloT
08-19-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm in for Friday only Frank, as I'm racing the 24 Hour mountain bike Sat and Sun (in a 10 person relay team).
Please let me know when and where I need to be, and I'll be at your service.
Laz

nissannx
08-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Laz, you're on the list and a PM sent.

dubya_rx
08-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi Frank,
I can be there Saturday and Sunday.

-Walter

nissannx
08-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Walter, that's great. Will you be driving as well?

dubya_rx
08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Unlikely. So, no.

Lloyd
08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
I am there fri/sat/sun. Going to try to camp for the first time at mosport - failure assured.

STeveD
08-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Is there anyone else whi can bring a large cooler and/or some water on Friday or for the whole weekend?

If we split the load among us, it will be easier.

If you've driven Mosport before, please bring a helmet. We may need your assistance for some low speed track guidance.

LaszloT
08-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I was planning to bring my helment in a hopeful sort of way, and know the GP track well - it's my home track, ha ha!

AndrewR
08-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I am good for Sunday - Water is possible too.\\edit - Sunday now

Daniel
08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Confirmed for Sunday

nocturn
08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Ditto for Sunday

What time do we show up for?

nissannx
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks again to everyone who came and helped out. It was a great weekend and SPDA should be proud. Well Done!

STeveD
09-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Feedback from Terry Epp of ASN on the SPDA weekend that you all deserve to hear:

Stephen, Joe and Ivano,

I want to write to you to say, on behalf of the National SoloSport Committee and ASN, thank you for offering to host the 2011 Time Attack championships. The event held last weekend was a big success thanks to your work and dedication. I want you to know your effort is very much appreciated by myself and the Time Attack community.

Besides the fun and keen competition the 48 registered competitors had on the Mosport track, there were other aspects to the event that added greatly to the overall atmosphere of the event. I understand from first hand experience the challenges and trials of putting a major event together and I thought you, your organizing committee and helpers put together a first rate event. From the efficient (and often humorous) manner in which Serge Guschin carried out registration, to the faultless way Paul McFadden conducted timing and scoring, the various aspects of the total event unfolded as they should.

I spent some time in the control tower and witnessed how well the clerk(s) and the chief marshal handled on track activities and the incidents that did occur on the track. There were four contact incidents with the walls surrounding the Mosport track and I attended all four and found the way each incident was handled was well done with the first concern always being the safety and well being of the driver involved.

Making use of the Mosport corner workers saved not only considerable time that would have been lost changing volunteer marshals throughout the entire three days, but their experience and familiarity with the track and its procedures made for a very polished radio and marshalling experience for the competitors (and event officials).

I also thought the was the awards were handled was efficient and personable, a fitting conclusion to a fine event (including the last minute addition to the podium staging).

I was also most impressed with the efforts the organizers went to to make the event extra special. A lot of credit for the out-of-the-box thinking that added the commercial lapping experience, the mock race for charity and the show and shine event needs to be given to the organizing committee and the individuals specifically involved in getting them to fruition. I think the way you blended these three things into the overall event and its schedule was particularly effective. I attended the intro meeting for the commercial lapping experience. This meeting was particularly well done and I feel the participants felt that the driving advice given was was worth the fee all by itself. In talking with the participants during and after the event, they were equally enthusiastic about their day. I think the bonus (and partly why the events were held in the first place) was that they were given a very warm welcome and introduction to Time Attack and, hopefully, next year will yield some additional participants.

Congratulations on a very fine event and you should be very proud of both your efforts and the excellent result that was achieved.

On a personal level, I would like to express my appreciation of the welcome and openness that I experienced throughout the weekend. It was a most pleasant weekend.

Best regards,

Terry
Chair, National SoloSport Committee
Director, ASN Canada FIA

racecartech
09-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Very Cool, thanks for sharing

tashko
09-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Good work gang! Sorry I couldn't be there to help out.