PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd attempts to not crash at MIR (in car from Nationals)

Lloyd
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmjjSSZcDw

STeveD
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Nice catch in turn 10!

Have you tried staying wide on the approach to 5A and then apexing that curb one car width out? Turns the 5A-5B complex into one steering angle when you get it right instead of how you're having to brake more and tighten the steering for 5B.

How does your car like a slightly later apex in 3? Lets you carry a bit of that turn 2 speed in deeper, and with your horsepower you can be faster into 4.

Lloyd
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Pushed it much too hard when I missed that apex in 10 - a bit silly to almost throw away everything on it. I need an in car lap timer so know when I can chill my heels :P

Some pro driver at a school (not ours) suggested this style of 5. I am open to comments and thoughts - wider into 5a "feels" great, but I am not sure if it is better. I was assuming that braking/scrubbing off speed into 5b isn't necessarily bad, but of course you want a great entry.

I haven't really tried apexing 3 later. I know I bounced off the curb in the first lap (woops). Is that really too early? 4 is an issue because not only am I lifting, I'm braking! Sheesh. The car is doing just under 180 into it, but I brake down to 160 and change, and see almost 180 again before 5.

racecartech
09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Is that the session you are trying to get away from a RX-8?
The line through 5 Steve is referring to is the one I use. I find it to be faster. I also found it to be much more settling the the Viper ACR I was playing in today

Lloyd
09-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I might have been. I flipped my mirror when Matt was chasing me, and Riaan was behind me later in the day.

Lloyd
09-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I wonder what this car could do on V710s or Hooisers.....scary thought.

racecartech
09-03-2011, 07:35 AM
It is a Corvette, on those tires they spin bearing and lose oil pressure

STeveD
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
racecartech wrote:
It is a Corvette, on those tires they spin bearing and lose oil pressure

Oh! Behaves just like a Subaru then. He DID join the correct club.

racecartech
09-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I did not want to diss my club's car. But there was a car on Fri with that exact problem

STeveD
09-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey, SPDA collected 627.5 club points (add 37.5 more if you include weekend memberships) this Nationals weekend, with OMSC second with 292 points. Only 2 Subarus competed this weekend, and both of them had mechanicals.

We ain't getting the job done with Subarus. :-) Our other-vehicled members are doing it! Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Nissan, Lotus...

Don't forget though that Subarus did very well in alligator lapping. They led two of the three days!

nissannx
09-05-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm waiting for the Nissan's to start making a comeback! This weekend Jeff ran his NX2000 to 1.41s - 3 and 4 seconds faster that we ran it. Different tires and also I knew I couldn't afford to break it. He placed second in his class both GT Sprint races.

Lloyd
09-05-2011, 05:22 PM
racecartech wrote:
I did not want to diss my club's car. But there was a car on Fri with that exact problem

Yeah, the LS7s have a poor reputation for sticky tires, even with the first gen dry sump.

Not that my wet sump motor would do much better....gooo street tires.

Lloyd
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM
A year later, about two seconds faster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-RGn72YHk

Getting closer to the limit of the car, less dawdling now in 1, 2, 4, 8. Still looks about the same though.