PDA

View Full Version : Where can I first run our toy?

SinglemaltWSKY
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
OK,

The BMW build is progressing well. NOW - we're getting to the stage where we would like to actually drive the vehicle and start figuring out the immediate problems left to tackle.

First step will be to go in for an alignment (Can-Align will help us there I'm sure :-))

After the alignment - where can we go for a shake-down/break in of the vehicle?

The car isn't road legal, and as much as I would love to find a deserted strip of road, not really into risking an encounter with the 'fuzz'.

Any advice is appreciated.

Guillermo
10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Toronto Motorsport Park near Cayuga has public lapping days:

Sat Nov 5,
Sun Nov 6:
New Sessions Added - Special: Pre-Registration $100 plus HST. Registration at Track $130 plus HST

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/open_car_lapping.html

racecartech
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I am pretty sure Can-Alignment can fix you up with a set up for your car.

If you are planning this week give me a call soon.

SinglemaltWSKY
11-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I dont think we will make it out before the snow - I will check out the mo-sport website to see when the lapping season starts up.

Fenders are now widened we just need to install seats, seat-belts and eventually a paint job.

We need to simply drive the car to seat the rings on the V8.

SinglemaltWSKY
11-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Scott - just fired you off an email regarding time for alignment.

If anyone knows of areas we can take the car for some short sprints, let me know. Ideally we would like to seat the rings before winter - however we need to put the engine under load conditions.

J

Snizzoop
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Break it in on a dyno.

SinglemaltWSKY
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Dyno = $

Asphalt is free (if we can find it)

Good thought though.

JoeT
11-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Run it here: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23823

legally and you'll have a blast.

SinglemaltWSKY
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Joe - that would be awesome. No belts in the car yet (or fire suppression)...... safety is an issue.

We MAY have found a business owner that I know that's willing to give up some parking lot space. We're not looking to thrash the car by any means----this is just a test of the systems and a chance to put the engine under load.