PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction

FinanceGuy
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Leo and I want to introduce myself to everyone. I came across this forum through the CASC site - I'm glad I found it!

I look forward to coming out to future events in the 2012 season. :)

racecartech
11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Welcome to SPDA and CASC.

Hope to see you at OTA events.

Scott

JoeT
11-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Hey Finance guy,

Welcome aboard, hope to see you out at events.

LaszloT
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Welcome, and nice to have you be a part of it.
Are you in to Autocross, Solosprint, lapping, drag or navigational rallies, and what car are you using for this?

BryceD
11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Welcome Leo! What do you drive?

miatagirl77
11-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome Leo!!

FinanceGuy
11-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

When I did participate from 2006-2009, I drove a 240sx (S13). I was involved in solo II, lapping, and drifting.

I plan on returning in 2012, and will be looking to pick up a GC6/GM6 with a Phase 2 SOHC EJ25, or a GC with a JDM EJ207 implant. I would like to compete in solo II and Time Attack.

If for whatever reason I can't get behind the wheel, I'd still like to participate by helping with marshaling and stuff.

phaiura
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I suppose I should introduce myself as well:

I'm Peter, 22 year old engineering student from Chicago. I was drawn to this forum via JoeT's excellent zen articles. Hopefully, I can contribute whatever knowledge I have to one of the ONLY automotive forums comprised of individuals interested in learning something of value. I drive a 2000 Legacy GT wagon, and may be doing a ground-up tube framed, EJ-motivated mid-engined roadster as my senior design project. I have a particular interest in NA resonance-tuned motors (which is why JoeT's posts snagged my attention), and am very interested in the relationships between intake swirl, stratified charge, and lean-burn conditions.

I look forward to pushing the envelope!

PaulH
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Welcome Peter, how about blazing a trail for direct injection?

Paul

JoeT
11-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum, I wrote those a long time ago.. There are a few more chapters that's waiting to be written, but time is hard to find these days.

phaiura
11-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Joe--I'd love to help you with whatever I can!

As for direct injection, Isn't the new Subaru-Toyota motor going to be direct injection?

I'm fairly certain I've heard that with this collaboration, the Toyota people are taking the boxer and doing wonderful things to it combustion-wise. I always felt that Subaru motors weren't as polished as they could be with respects to squeezing the most out of combustion. With Toyota's D-4s technology, it gets conventional port injection AND direct injection, and the system chooses whatever combination would yield the best performance. Whispers of 210+ Nm of torque from 2 liters of NA boxer goodness.

I'd love to use that motor in the aforementioned tube-framed senior design project.