PDA

View Full Version : Get started in rally at the RSO Navigational Rally School!

STeveD
02-27-2012, 03:32 PM
http://caslube.com/images/2012rallyschoolflyer2.jpg

Folks, I also realize that a lot of your are on Triumph, Ford Cosworth, Special Stage, etc. forums. Would you mind putting the link up wherever you go? It would be nice to sell out the school this year and get some more ORRC participation!

http://caslube.com/images/2012rallyschoolflyer2.jpg

Thanks everyone!

TR_Tim
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm sharing the link around - working on trying to get more old cars out... :-)

LaszloT
02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm attending - I need it. Ha ha.
Also want to bring Christine. Is the entrance fee the same for SPDA members and not?

STeveD
02-27-2012, 07:34 PM
It's not hosted by us, so yes you have to pay full price for the school. But tell ya what... Any SPDA novices who take the school ard run the minimum # of events in the ORRC series will get a free entry to No Winter Maintenance. Sound fair?

LaszloT
02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
I'll hold you to that, ha ha.

STeveD
03-15-2012, 10:02 PM
To all,

This Monday, March 19, is the first of the 3 rally school nights. We would like to get started right at 7, so if you are able to, please show up at least 15 minutes before that to register. If you have to work late and can't make it right on time, I understand. If that is the case, just send me a text so that we know you're on the way. Please bring $50 per person (cash please) to registration.

There's still room in the class for more - invite your friends, family, co-workers.

Your first test as a navigational rallyer (rallyist?) is to find your way to Inglewood. The Inglewood Community Centre is located at 15825 McLauglin Road, Inglewood. Take Hwy. 10 north from Brampton to Olde Base Line Rd. (about 9 km north of where 410 joins 10). West on Olde Base Line to Mclauglin, then north 1.3 km to the community centre on the right.

for those with a GPS: 43° 47' 58.6314" -79° 56' 15.324" or 43.79962 -79.93759

Bruce Leonard
RSO VP Navigational

Agenda

Night One
-introductions
-what rally is, and isn't
-The 3 rules
-rally and the law
-driver & navigator roles, and communication
-types of rally instructions
-basics of rally timing