PDA

View Full Version : Need installation help with my Legacy

GaryW
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I need to replace some bearings in my center diff and I don't think I want to tackle this one alone. For starters, my garage isn't big enough to get the whole car off the ground in there. Even one end is sketchy, even if there were room to get the car in there. And I get nervous about opening up mechanicals, especially the first time, and on a daily driver.

So I'm looking for someone that has some room to work, and hopefully a little more mechanical experience than I have, who would like to exchange labour. The labour I offer doesn't have to be the same day/weekend, or even car related, as long as it isn't heavy lifting. Building a deck or shed, maybe? Stuff like that. I've done suspension, brakes, exhaust (bolt-on), stereo systems, so I can help with those.

Details:

06 Legacy auto
Drop mid-pipe
Drop driveshaft
Remove diff
Replace parts
Re-install diff, driveshaft, mid-pipe
Top up ATF

Couple hours, give or take. I have the tools and parts I need. The closer to Hamilton/Burlington, the better, but beggars can't be choosers.

Let me know where you are, what you need help with, and when you're available and we can make a deal.
Thanks!
Gary (you may have seen my blue leggy wagon at an autocross or two)