PDA

View Full Version : Quaife LSD install...

mrNewt
11-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I was able to get my hands on a very rare part for my CSRT4... a Quaife LSD... and eventually it will have to find its way into the gearbox.

Planning to do this as soon the spring hits so, right now, I'm charting the waters for someone that can help me out doing this... I know what is involved in the work... but don't have the tools or the place to do it.
The frame must be dropped so the gearbox can be removed and then the gearbox must be opened. I would adventure myself in doing this, but working by myself, on the floor, under the car fighting with the frame and gearbox... dunno... :/

The new diff is P&P once the box is popped - there is an open diff that needs to be removed/replaced.
The ball bearings are already pressed in place on the new diff.

Sooo... anyone have any idea who will be able to help me out with this and how much might be?
The trick is... since the car id DD, will have to be done in one day if possible...

Thanks!

mrNewt
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
So I guess no one knows any shops that might be able to help me out?
Tougher luck than I thought :)...

JoeT
11-08-2013, 09:31 AM
What is a CSRT4? Perhaps if you started with that, we could assist.. LOL

mrNewt
11-08-2013, 09:41 AM
What is a CSRT4? Perhaps if you started with that, we could assist.. LOL

Owww ... really!? LOL

CSRT4 stands for Caliber SRT 4.
It has a 6 speed getrag transmission and I need to put a custom built Quaife LSD in it - replacing the open diff that it has.

Hope that clears a few things :D.

STeveD
11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't know any Chrysler tranny guys... I'll cross post for your on the Peterborough forum. They're Chrysler / Dodge nuts.

http://bb.pmsc.on.ca/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2664

mrNewt
11-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks Steve!

Well, the transmission is German - Getrag 6 speed - the ONLY good thing Mercedes put in this car (mind you they choose a shitty clutch plate though).
The installation of the new diff is very much the same as for a Mini Cooper and any other cars with similar transmission design.