PDA

View Full Version : Aerial video from the 2014 school

wparsons
05-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Lots of the raw footage wasn't great, too much camera shake at higher speeds with the wind :( Some of it came out alright though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5LN3JQDX4I

Serge
05-08-2014, 10:17 AM
haha baller

how difficult do you think it would be to follow a car around the track, or at least hover in the center and pivot about?

BryceD
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Very cool Will, totally new perspective on things.

miatagirl77
05-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm on there! Way cool!!

wparsons
05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
haha baller

how difficult do you think it would be to follow a car around the track, or at least hover in the center and pivot about?

Without a video downlink it would be pretty hard to follow a car around the whole course, but to put it in the center and pivot around would be pretty easy. My intention was to follow the cars around to the stop box, but with the wind and location of the trees it wasn't easy to position myself in a good vantage point to fly it and not risk getting hit by a car.

I'll have to try more shooting ideas at another event and see what works best.

JoeT
05-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I have 2 friends that are coming to the 24th Track day just for that purpose. They have super duper commercial quality equipment with FPV (First Person View) so they will be able to follow cars. Their equipment have things like "Vibrationless Gimbals" meaning that the camera follows the action without buzzing or moving with the aircraft. Should be pretty cool!!

haha baller

wparsons
05-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Sweet, I might have to make friends with them too :D