PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Smell in Cold Weather - Subaru Technical Service Bulletin - Done on my '04 WRX?

LaszloT
02-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Would any Subaru Dealer be able to confirm if this recall has been completed on my WRX, by providing the VIN?

I only get a raw fuel smell in extreme cold snaps.

STeveD
02-23-2015, 01:43 PM
That's just a TSB, not a recall, so it would be your dime to fix it and they aren't required to keep a special record of the repair. If you know what dealership your Subaru was regularly serviced at, you can inquire. Again, unlike your control arms, it's not a recall.

LaszloT
02-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Willowdale Subaru confirmed today that: "You have no outstanding recalls on this VIN #", which is fine and likely means the fuel line fittings we took apart to rebuild the engine are weeping in the extreme cold.

I was planning to pull the intake this Spring anyway to replace the intake duct and have the gaskets for that already, so I'll just replace the TSB fuel line parts when it's out. Willowdale Subaru also says the parts for this TSB are not crazy expensive at:

"The return line supersedes to 17544AA135 price $62.71 and needs to be odered. The other line is $16.87 also not in stock."