PDA

View Full Version : ATTS Beginner Friendly Lapping day #2 - July 12 at Mosport DDT

TrevorH
06-12-2015, 09:43 PM
http://caslube.com/spdaevents/atts-2-2015.jpg

REGISTRATION FOR JULY 12 IS NOW CLOSED

Spots go on sale immediately for the ATTS Beginner Friendly Track Day brought to you by SPDA-Online.

Experience the Driver Development Track at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport). This is a challenging 2.8Km track, redesigned and rebuilt a year ago. To make this day extra special, we're providing coaching for newcomers to motorsports. This is not a racing event, but a fun day to spend with friends in a low key lapping event where you can safely enjoy the limits of your vehicles.

ATTS Lapping day #1: May 23, 2015 (We had a blast)
ATTS Lapping day #2: July 12, 2015 Registration CLOSED

There will be 4 Run groups, broken out by Skill Level:
Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Coaches / Volunteers

Helmets are required.

We will have Alligator Lapping during lunch time so everyone can experience the track at a leisurely pace.

Step 1 - Enter your registration info by filling the form at this link: http://www.spda-online.com/content.php?161-Event-Registration
Step 2 - Reserve your entry by sending your payment via PayPal to "treasurer3 (at) spda-online (DOT) ca with the title "ATTS July 12”
See below for entry costs.
When sending your payment, include your full name and e-mail address

There are limited spots available. Don't be left out. Register early for a discount:

Entry Fees:
Price $195 Advanced Registration, $220.00 After July 5th
+ $20 for non-SPDA members - Includes 50% off a membership if desired. Pre-paying both events includes a free SPDA membership.

Lunch
+ $15 for lunch (CTMP catered lunch)

Sharing cars:
+ Full price for another driver in a different run group.
+ $40 for each additional driver in the SAME run group.

Refund Policy:
Refunds are available only if there there is someone in the waiting list for your run group to buy the position (inquire with SPDA). Registrations may not be privately re-sold, the registration will remain in your name.

TrevorH
06-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Entry confirmations:

Novice:
Josh McKarney
Adrian Pavel
Jackie Ng
Alexis Mabini
Gordon Bell
Eric Roberts
Vernan Dias
Kenny Pimentel
Gary Perkins
Kevin Suen

Intermediate:
Brad Karjama
Marianne Smith
Anthony Ho
Beth Ootes
Sergio Mordo
Drew Desembrana
Jason Liu
Yevgeniy Gospodinov
Daniel Chong
Clinton Bale
Jesse Santos
Patrick Smith
Owen and Geoff Bache (shared car)
Brian Young
Bobby Lam
Mauricio Della-Quercia
Bijal Sohaei
Jesung Park
Ryan Kim
Adam Stanton
Mario Johnson
Jackie Ho

Advanced:
Shane Witham
Ed Caranci
Evan Bache
David B
Bill Piekos
Elie Rivere

brocku
06-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Enrolled Marianne in the intermediate group. My Paypal bounced back from this site. Not sure what happened.
Also, we are members but the total doesn't reflect that.
You'll get it fixed for sure.
Thanks.

MartynD
06-14-2015, 12:51 PM
I can't believe I have nothing else on my calendar for the weekend of July 12.. if you could use a volunteer, I could be waterboy or photographer...?

SUBARUSHANE
06-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Signed up for advanced group + 2 lunches. Will also volunteer if wanted / needed.

wparsons
06-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Enrolled Marianne in the intermediate group. My Paypal bounced back from this site. Not sure what happened.
Also, we are members but the total doesn't reflect that.
You'll get it fixed for sure.
Thanks.

Brock, I got an email from PayPal for Marianne, I think she's good!

Hamilton Guy
06-15-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm in. Signed up today and starting to count down the minutes until the 12th:becky:

toraider
06-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Is there still a $30 Discount for those that attended the Spring Drivers Clinic that could not attend the May date?

Daniel
06-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Is there still a $30 Discount for those that attended the Spring Drivers Clinic that could not attend the May date?

If you attended the spring Advanced Drivers Clinic and were unable to make the May ATTS event, yes, we will honour the discount for the July 12 event.

bdon22
06-17-2015, 05:01 PM
I am interested in volunteering as a driver coach. Are there any spots available for this?

Daniel
06-17-2015, 11:21 PM
I am interested in volunteering as a driver coach. Are there any spots available for this?

Hi Brandon, We're actually in good shape for Volunteers at the moment, but thanks for the offer. Send me an email at eventreg@spda-online.ca and I'll put you on a reserve list. I'll be in touch if anything changes.

On the other hand though, we do have Advanced spots left if you're interested in joining us and interested in seeing what our events are all about. Let me know.

bdon22
06-18-2015, 12:26 AM
Ok, thank you!

Daniel
06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Quick reminder to all that the cost goes up in one week.

We still have a few spots left in each of the 3 run groups.

Joesephly
06-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Is roll bar required for this event? Picked up a miata recently with chrome bolt on style bar, probably won't be able to have one put in til late July.

wparsons
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
For convertibles, yes. Sorry!

Joesephly
07-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Darn, foiled by a miata again.

Daniel
07-02-2015, 09:12 AM
UPDATE - Our July 12 lapping day is now full and registration is closed.

Thanks to those who registered and we'll see you at the track!

SinglemaltWSKY
07-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Hey Daniel - I sent in mine and my fathers registration this morning - did we make it?

wparsons
07-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Yep, you guys were in before the buzzer :D

7plymaple
07-09-2015, 01:55 AM
Two more work days!

wparsons
07-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Two more work days!

One more work day for me! See everyone Sunday!

DT Racer
07-10-2015, 11:21 AM
I was told you may be short of instructors this Sunday.
Let me know, I can come out.

Ford Wood

BatStig
07-12-2015, 08:37 PM
I'd just like to give a big thanks to everyone who helped put this day together. This was such a well run track day. I look forward to getting out with you guys again!

Jesung
07-12-2015, 11:21 PM
I'd just like to give a big thanks to everyone who helped put this day together. This was such a well run track day. I look forward to getting out with you guys again!
Ditto. Despite some incidents (poor STI), the event was very well run and I had a ton of fun. Improved my best time by ~5 seconds to 1:49.53. Still room for improvement but I'm happy that I was able to take the lines that I learned from wparsons' video and apply it to my own driving.

JoeT
07-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for coming out, and huge thanks for the kind words. Hope to see all y'all out again soon, remember August 1st is another one and we're trying to get another date later in the year.

Hamilton Guy
07-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for coming out, and huge thanks for the kind words. Hope to see all y'all out again soon, remember August 1st is another one and we're trying to get another date later in the year.

Thanks to everybody at SPDA who worked so hard to make this happen. Like at the May 23rd day, I had a great time, learned lots about my car and handling it and got to spend some time with a great bunch of people. Awesome day.

n0thing
07-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Awesome event! Thanks Evan and Trevor for the coaching tips. Thanks Jonathan for the ride along. And Eric, I shall catch up to you next time ;)

brocku
07-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Another great event. With the tips Mel and Bryce gave my wife (Marianne), she dropped many seconds and became an animal on the track. My poor car! Ha.

egroenke
07-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Awesome event! Thanks Evan and Trevor for the coaching tips. Thanks Jonathan for the ride along. And Eric, I shall catch up to you next time ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

I really do have to extend a big thank you to Trevor who got me out there in May and Joe, Daniel and the rest of the SPDA team for making things fun for me again and getting me back to what originally pulled me in to the track. The past 5 years had primarily been focused on Competition and wallet lightening efforts and I have to say the SPDA ATTS events and helping out those who are in the same place I was 10yrs+ ago has been a great experience for me. I can only imagine how great the Aug 1st Charity event is going to be for all those coming in from TSC. I hope to see all of you out there again soon!

miatagirl77
07-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Anytime Brock! She's a great driver!

Jesung
09-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Didn't see a thread for yesterday's event so posting here. Just wanted to thank the organizers for trying their best to adjust to the scheduling mishaps. Big thanks to Joe for fixing my flat tire and John for giving me some tips to improve my time. I feel like I get something useful every time I come out to SPDA's events. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prDQcq0sprY (https://youtu.be/prDQcq0sprY)