Thread: Naming Convention, Important please read.

Naming Convention, Important please read.

Hi All,

Thank you all for signing up. At this time, I'd like to ask all the people that have signed up to either have their "First Name, and Initial" in your signature if you are not using your name as your alias.

We will be periodically maintaining the system and purging names that do not have at least the first name in the signature.

To edit your profile, click on your name in the top left corner, and click on edit profile. In the Signature box, add the required information.

Thank You.

We want to keep this a friendly place.

Re: Naming Convention, Important please read.

Thank you Joe (that is your real name?) :-)

I'll just add that another reason for this is that we occasionally meet in person and it can be awkward to not know a real name. We have all been there I think. In a totally virtual world it matters less. But we're also real here....

If anyone would prefer to change their login name just let me know. I can change the name at the backend. You can PM me or hit the Contact Us page.

Now, on with the show 8-)

Re: Naming Convention, Important please read.

I forgot to mention that in your profile is a place for the Real Name. You should put your name there also. There are a few places (like Classifieds) that use the real name instead of the alias. Imagine calling for that set of coilovers, dialing a wrong number and asking "Is this Chunky Chicken?" :-D :-?

Oops.

^^ Where in the profile is the real name field? I can't see it (maybe I'm blind?), but I have seen that on other vBulletin forums.

This thread was from 10 years ago when SPDA was on different forum software. It was also in the club's infancy. I can alter your real name or alias for you. Alternatively, just put it in your signature.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Mine is now changed to LaszloT. Woo hoo!
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

Hello Joe T
    I am trying to do my name change from Anyway Auto 53 Racing To Doug Cameron but am having problems finding the area to do this.... Also will this change my login Name ? as I now Login using Anyway Auto 53 Racing..
    Thank you Doug Cameron

Hi Doug,

I can change your login name, but I suggest using something like DougC if that's ok with you, I'll go ahead and do it, your password will remain the same, your login name will be DougC

Let me know and I'll make the change.

Please make it happen it took me this long to find this so that I could reply
    I do not know why it is so hard to get around this forum maybe I just have too much on my mind
    thanks Doug Cameron

please make it happen
    I can not find the area to do this myself
    as I said I have never had this much trouble working my way around sites in the past
    thank you
    Doug C will work for me with or with out a space no matter I will try both when you make the change
    thanks Doug Cameron

I do not even know how I made it here ?