wedge wrote:
WRX_STI wrote:
Matt - How long was he injured for? That video is a real eye opener! Seems as though he clipped a high spot on the left side of the road and that flipped him due to his high speed! Dangerous spot IMO.
I don't know how long it took for him to recover. But his codriver reported in, that they are both fine, and the car suffer mostly just cosmetic damage.

That jump/turn became infamous in 2004. It took a lot of cars out of the race that year. This crew wasn't aware of that however...
In a fast car, that's a pretty big jump. But then the road turns slightly while you are airborn. So you become completely helpless as you watch the road turn from under you. He landed the nose/front skidplate at ~140km/h on a big rock. The result is an incredibly jarring impact. They didn't flip, they sort of bounced off the rock, and back across the road.
It looked as though he flipped onto his side after he hit the rock, and then fell back on all fours. He MUST have been 2 wheelin' it for a bit.

Cosmetic damage? I think he must have understated the damage. The undercarriage must have taken a beating (unless the wheels and shocks took all of the impact), and he had smoke coming out of his hood.

If there is a slight turn after the jump, my mind would tell me to take it easy at that section (hence the double caution and signs posted all over)

All in all, I'm glad they are healthy and ready to race again!