Thread: Grabbed by your Bearings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Grabbed by your Bearings

It would have been worth getting your own press if you were doing all four corners. Also next time ask ask we have one that you could have used, Nuwan even made a jig to help hold the knuckle.
    Ivano D.

SPDA TREASURER

I did all four corners including new control arms. I was trying to get it ready to race it at MCO rallycross at Augusta Motorsport Park. That way it's tested good for the run back in Bancroft in July.

Race went well anyway I placed 1st in Class 4 so I was happy with the way it all went.
    I found later after the event, the bolts that hold the strut to the hub assembly had come loose in the rear left sometime during the last run. So now I'm really ticked because the shop was the last to touch it when they did the wheel alignment. That was the side they had to redo the bearing on. Clowns!! :banghead:
    FourStar Motorsports
    Motec
    www.drivex.fi
    www.tommimakinenracing.fi
    Proud of BOXER

Finding a good shop is hard and honestly even if they got the rear bolts "tight" it probably would have been enough for street driving but not the abuse you put the car through, and from your other post a torque wrench or specs didnt exist in that shop. My high speed off last year loosened up more then you would think.

If you need help on anything let me know.

BTW Congrats on the placing [insert dancing bannannannanna]
    Ivano D.

SPDA TREASURER