Thread: ATTS 2 - Time Attack, Mosport DDT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: ATTS 2 - Time Attack, Mosport DDT

Sorry, not sure how to link youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ_guqnGpFE

Hey, Ujjwal! I liked that line pretty much everywhere. YOu were using the curbs to keep your momentum up which is really important in your car.

Only suggestion that I have for you to shave a few tenths is in the SW kink. Straight line a bit more to the outside right (don't round out the gentle left) and it sounds like you're lifting well before the turn. Accelerate straight to the outside right, JAB the brake to weight transfer forward, then off the brake and dial in your left hand turn. You're losing a couple of tenths by not pushing straight into it, and perhaps some slight apex speed by not having a full weight transfer. Otherwise, looked really good!

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Thanks Steve! I agree with you on the SW kink. I've actually had an 'off' there at a previous track day so I kind of take the safe line through there. I'll force myself to change that - the left foot braking is alien to me but I guess it's a must just like heel and toe to be fast!

On front wheel drive, the left foot tap probably won't benefit you as much as lifting off the gas, tapping the brake with your right foot, get off the brake and start your turn in as you're back on the throttle ASAP. The left foot is more for stable RWD or understeering AWD cars.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.