Thread: ATTN: Forza 3 Volunteers - Oct 24th

ATTN: Forza 3 Volunteers - Oct 24th

Hi All,

There are 37 names on the list (See below) we're on a waiting list now.
    Here are some of the details of the day.

It's a public event, meaning that in addition to Journalists, we will be taking out the general population.

If you have extra helmets, please bring them with you, and please mark yoru club name on these helmets so that they get back to you. I'll need to know how many helmets you have and you'll bring, please.

1. They arrive and set up their yent and stuff on Friday pm.
    2. We arrive and set up the course from 8:30am on Sat morning.
    3. The event runs from 11:00 to 5;00 on Saturday (The Volunteer team should be able to test the course from 9:00 onwards)
    4. Event guests - the general public,- will arrive and park to the west of the event tent.
    5. Guests will enter the event tent at the marked entrance and see / play the game and hear the pitch about it
    6. Guests will exit through a "registration exit where they have the option to just leave, or to register to buy the game and /or to take a ride on the autocross course, If they want to drive the course they can will complete a form to enter the contest.
    7. For rides, they will exit the games area to our control area. We will have them sign a waiver and have them line up for a ride. We will give them the opportunity to select a specific car, our choice.
    8. They put on a helmet and go for a ride. We need to introduce ourselves and relate the experience to the game. You will be expected to relate the driving experience and how it appears on the game.
    9. Once they are done their ride they have the option to leave or to take their own car on course with one of us as a passenger.
    10. If they want to take their car on course we give them Driving 101 Chat and tell them to prep their car and get in line.
    11. Once in line we have an instructor join them and refresh their memory re the course, Driving 101 and ride along.
    12. When they are done their drive they pull out of the stop box, we hand them a card with their time and they leave.
    13. We give them some literature about CASC-OR Autoslalom.
    14. We will keep track on the best times of the day and mark it down on a small white board.

NOTE: Everyone entering the site will need to pay for parking, $12.00 for the day. The Forza organizer have been asked to either get that cancelled for us or to reimbursed the funds to the volunteers. Please keep your parking tags for reimbursement.

These are the details so far, keep an eye on this thread as details may change.

List of Volunteers:
    Forza Volunteers:

Mikewolf + 97 MX5
    Bryan Eng + Type R
    D. J. Mark + A choice from his stable of runningmates
    Melanie + Mx5
    Andrew R + 2008 WRX
    Ivano + 2 x WRX STI + Nissan Silvia
    DArren + CRX SI
    Ammaar + Protoge Sedan
    Rachel + WRX
    Bryce + WRX
    Ryan + Matrix
    Dale + Trans AM
    Gregory + AE 86
    Dave + Solstice
    Scott + MSP
    Jon + Stealth RT
    Taylor + S2K
    Gord + Fit
    Travis + Spec-V
    Frank Sprongl + Group B Audi Quattro
    Marsh: 95 MX5Hoping for Lambo Gallardo
    Alien DNA aka Eric R + BMW 135I
    Name: Adam + Z4 M Coupe
    Name: Andrew + Z4 M Coupe
    Name: Dan + E46 M3 GTR Widebody
    Colin + 1968 Lotus Elan
    Steven T + IS300
    Paul K
    Taylor B
    Matt - Honda Civic SIR
    Daniel F - Subaru STI
    Pete W + WRX
    Kyle L + Porche
    Quentin + 240Z
    Paul M

Name: Val Car Type: 1997 Mazda Miata 1.8lt 5spd. Pretty much identical to the 1994 Mazda Miata introduced in Forza 3.

Name: Erick
    Required Car: 2003 Honda S2000
    Actual Car: 2001 Honda S2000

Car: 1994 MX-5 Miata
    Name: Darcy

Name: Ning
    Required Car: 2003 Fairlady Z (Z33)
    Actual Car: 2006 350Z (Z33) (FairladyZ = 350Z)

Name: Ken
    Required Car: 1997 Mazda RX7
    Actual Car: 1993 Mazda RX7 (JDM right-hand-drive: same bodystyle as 1996)

Name: Ruth
    Required Car: 2005 Axela Sport 23S
    Actual Car: 2006 Mazda3 Sport 2.3L (Axela = Mazda3)

Name: Chris
    Required Car: 2002 RSX-S
    Actual Car: 2006 RSX-S

Name: Chris
    Required Car: 2006 Civic SI Coupe
    Actual Car: 2008 Civic SI Sedan

Name: Jason
    Required Car: 2001 Integra Type-R
    Actual Car: 1998 Integra (with 2006 Integra Type-R Engine Swap!)

Note: In addition to the "fun" you're going to have during the day, you'll have to endure the following:

1) Play the game to get acquainted with the physics and dynamics so that you can talk intelligently to your passenger about how it relates to the course.

2) Marshall when called, to ensure continued flow of the event.

3) Some maybe called to do some PR duties and chat with Journalists, please exercise some PC as we're there represenging the Motorsports community.

4) Park in the regular parking area until we get y'all organized, we'll try to group you in a spot where it's convenient for people to select you and your car for the ride alongs.

5) Upon Arrival to the venue, (you should get there by 8:30 at the latest please)
    • Locate me (I'll be in the blue SPDA Racing Suit), and I'll point you to registration
    • Please hand in your loaner helmet (with your club logo and name on the helmet)
    • Please register for the event and get your wrist band, this tells us that you've signed the waiver. You'll be getting a particular colour to show us that you're with the crew.
    • Dress appropriately please. Long sleeve shirts with long pants, if you have racing suits, it's ok to parade in those since it is a motorsports event. (Let's look professional)

More details to follow as things progress.

Thanks for volunteering.

If you're not on this list and youv'e sent me either a PM or email, please let me know.

Thank You

Re: ATTN: Forza 3 Volunteers - Oct 24th

I'll be down for sure that weekend, have to bring my mom back to TO and pick up stuff from SteveD.
    Allen T.
    2007 Impreza 2.5i SE :-D