Thread: SPDA Google Calendar

SPDA Google Calendar

Okay folks, we're going to try something new in 2010! I've created a Google Calendar for SPDA which will list the majority of Ontario events that SPDA members are involved in either as competitors, organisers, and/or volunteers.

Hopefully, this will help people plan out their year, particularly those cross-discipline participants.

The calendar is spda.online@gmail.com
    XML link: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/spda.online%40gmail.com/public/basic

ICAL link: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/spda.online%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

HTML link: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=spda.online%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Toronto

There is also a Google calendar app for IPhone and BB users. Somebody else will have to chime in how to do that.

Also, if you are using Mozilla Sunbird for your desktop calendar, you can sync it with the SPDA calendar by 'Adding External Calendar' or something like that and specify the ICAL link as the network address.

Enjoy, and let me know any issues or if there are events that SPDA'ers are in that I don't have on there!
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--

Re: SPDA Google Calendar

Ok all you awesome, stupendous, amazing and way better than iPhone cuz you have a Blackberry users, here's what to do:

This is assuming you have a gmail account and have already added the spda calendar to your gmail account. If not, you'll have to do that first.

Then you'll have to download the Google Mobile app which allows you to download the Google calendar app.

Then you can follow these steps to sync the spda calendar to your bb.

1) http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=blackberry

Have them text you the link

2) Click on the link and download the Google Sync app

3) Once that's done, go to options

- I changed the update to Manual. I read the automatic one might slow the bb down a bit as it downloads. Does it every 2 hrs so you be the judge.

- You can then choose how many weeks in advance to sync for. Maximum is 24 weeks.

- Then go to the bottom and under "Sync these Calendars" click on your calendar and it will take you to another page where you can choose "other calendars" and that's where you'll find the spda one.

4) Save all the changes and then sync.
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

I've updated the January Jaunt information on the calendar and added the RSO first aid course info along with the Jetta TDI cup schedule.
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--

Hmmm, do private lapping days get included on this? I've got a couple that it would be great if they could be added.
    Frank - I drive a Nissan

Yes, since you are SPDA and if you are putting on a lapping day, send me the details and I'll add them.
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--

This is great! Thanks for putting it together!

I've updated the calendar with the RaceOntario schedule (as I know it) and cleaned a couple of things up.
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--

Added KWRC and MLRC Mini Rallies.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Calendar has been updated with the ATTS dates, TASR, and some clean-up.
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--