Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTP Turbo Blankets

PTP Turbo Blankets

Ivano and I are ordering some turbo blankets. Joe got one from the TSC group buy and he's very happy with the quality. 10 minutes of ATTS track flogging, come into the pits and you can immediately touch the outside of the blanket.

http://www.ptpturboblankets.com/info.shtml

Have a look, and if you want in Email me at steved [at] spda-online [dot] ca

STeveD: T3/T4 Black Paid
    Ivano: T3/T4 Red
    Dominic: Subaru Black Paid
    Alexxi: Subaru Black
    Nuwan: Subaru Black
    Deaks2: Subaru Black
    Peter: Subaru Black Paid
    AndrewR: Subaru Black Will pay at ATTS Touge
    GaryW: Subaru Black
    DanieleC: Subaru Black
    Alain: Subaru Black
    MikeV: Subaru Black Paid
    MalcolmV: Subaru Black
    Dale: Subaru Red
    Walter: Subaru Red Paid
    Carlos S: Subaru Red
    Jason B: Subaru Red
    Paul H: Subaru Silver

Re: PTP Turbo Blankets

Is there price for these?

The USD prices are on the site when you click through the "Turbo Blankets" link to the final product that you want.

I don't see a problem hitting the 5+ quantity prices, perhaps better. There will be no shipping or duty charges to one location in the GTA.

The added benefit to all this is, it keeps the underhood temperatures lower. It's really really neat to be able to freak out people by putting your hand on the turbo right after getting off the track. They really work.

Recommend a stock WRX turbo get the "subaru" wrap or the T3 wrap?

Subaru wrap doesnt seem to have the side pieces, but does the T3 fit a stock WRX turbo?

What's the discount for 5+?

Thanks Steve,
    Walter

I personally went with the "medium" full wrap, and I cut a hole in the top part for the wastgate pivot arm. Works really well, i'll take a picture of it this evening and post it. Simple surgery and it works.

They would be $70 USD each, Walter, possibly +tax.

I highly recommend contacting them directly for fitment issues.

As soon as we have 5 I think we will order them and have them in a less then a couple weeks.

wow $70 this type of heat shield is great. i just hope it can hold the heat, i melted the DEI Titanium Turbo shield so they sent me a new high temp one. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what will fit a FP red :-)
    Evo X - GT Sprints GT2

I'll be in for whatever fitment walter finds for the stock wrx turbo. whether its the subaru blanket or a t3

I sent them an email but I expect them to say the subaru version will provide the best fitment for stock turbos.

From some posts on NASIOC, it looks like you could possibly put the stock heat shield over the subaru blanket if you wanted.

Looks like the subaru versions are less expensive than the other versions so hopefully that will be reflected in the final group price although the savings on shipping will still make it worthwhile.

Steve, put me down for one subaru red.

Thanks for this!

nocturn wrote:
    I'll be in for whatever fitment walter finds for the stock wrx turbo. whether its the subaru blanket or a t3
    Do you want the red as well, Peter?

I'll take black please.

Andrew : Subaru Black (silver, pink, fushia, magenta, any floral pattern, ok ok ok rainbow)

Great idea Steve ;-)

One "Subaru Black" fo me please.

I'll take a Subaru Black please.

Okay, so... here are (what I hope will be) the final prices as long as no one backs out. It looks like we might have the sales taxes "included", we might not. I won't know for sure until the package arrives. (Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies.)

Here's all I ask: If I end up getting dinged extra for the 13% taxes, I hope that you will reimburse me that cost. I think that the final cost ended up being quite reasonable and the taxes won't be horrible if we have to pay 'em.

Subaru blankets: $64 CAD by Interac, cheque or Cash. $66 by Paypal
    T3/T4 balnkets: $94.50 CAD by Interac, cheque or Cash. $97.33 by Paypal

These will be delivered to one location in the west GTA; My place. I will happily meet mules if we can find one. I will also be at the ATTS Touge on the 31st (though the blankets probably won't be in by then), Mosport on the August 21-22 SoloSprint weekend (cheap MIR lapping on the 21st!) I'll be driving to Ottawa on November 6th if you want to wait that long.

I would like to collect payment ASAP so that I can place the order ASAP. Please make arrangements with me via sales [at] caslube [dot] <com> Or just send the Interac transfer to that address.

If this price came out too high for you and you want to back out, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Stephen
    (905)702-0224

Thanks folks!

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

[size=large]If you do not see your name in the first post, I do not have your order. Please check the colour as well. Thank you![/size]

I'm sorry for the slow responses, I've been travelling for work. Here's our package:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?trackingNumber=CJ166857485US&LOC ALE=en

This was NOT the way it was supposed to ship, so there will be a few dollars tax. Hopefully it will equate to one beer.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

For all the work you get at least 2 Beers from me,

1.... int: 2.... int: