Thread: 2012 SPDA Contingency Program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Folks, I adjusted a few of the above to not duplicate the compete/volunteer points. We've made it a little confusing by changing the "rules" for the summer volunteerism thread located here as different than this thread.

Contingency Thread (this one) assumes that the 5 points is when you're there for selfless reasons - e.g.: Not competing, but you show up to help others enjoy their day anyway. The heart of grassroots motorsports is chipping in when you're a competitor, and is even mentioned as a requirement in some of the rulesets. So if you're timing, registrar, etc. when you're already there for the event, we give you competitor points. This applies to CASC-OR provincial series, RSO series, and SPDA events. In many cases, the series director is already rewarding your extra time.

Dedicated Volunteer Points: We're allowing you to claim that Timing or Registration you did while at the specific events listed.

Attending meetings for SPDA specific executive positions don't count for extra volunteer points.

Hope that's slightly clearer than mud. Any confusion, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by STeveD; 08-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.