Thread: New to SPDA

New to SPDA

Hey everyone, just wanted to make my first post a general introduction.

My name is Paul Figueiredo, I am an electrician by trade and a shady tree mechanic on the weekend.

I first had seen the SPDA stickers on cars thinking it was aSubaru only club. After meeting Scott and discussing how to get involved with Time Attack he said I needed to join a club so here I am.

I'd like to become fully involved with Time Attack and the motorsports scene in general. Joe advised me to sign up and come on out. So here I am.

Is everyone still meeting tomorrow at 6:30 at the pub by AMC? I'd like to come out for a bit and say hi.

Thanks
    -Paul
    Paul Figueiredo - TRAKRAVN - 2015 Scion FRS

Welcome to the club, Paul.

The time attack season is over but that just gives you all the more time to get ready for spring.

When you say you want to get fully involved in time attack, would you have time to volunteer for some of the more advanced duties?

Also, as the current registrar for Time Attack i can answer all of your questions should you need clarification

cheers,

Welcome... the meets are on the 3rd Wednesday of the month... tomorrow is only the 2nd (unless I'm mistaken).

-Walter

Paul, welcome. It was great to see you at the work shop as well. You will find the members here very welcoming
    http://www.can-alignment.com
    http://www.facebook.com/CanAlignment/

SPDA Race and Time-Attack Scrutineer
    CASC-OR Chief Instructor
    SPDA Race Ambassador

Walter is correct. Pub night is still a week away. Hope to see you there Paul.

Hey Paul,

Welcome aboard!! Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Serge, my work schedule is pretty flexible for the most part.

I would like to volunteer for the more advanced duties if I am able to perform them. What are some examples that the SPDA is looking for?

As the new guy does this meanI have to change everyone's tires . . . . . LoL

Welcome! Timing and registration are great ways to get involved because you don't have to know a lot about the series and you get to meet people or find out a lot about their speed quickly. Clerking requires a good knowledge of the rulebook and GCR's and can benefit from having some experience in the series to learn how we run events, but if you hang out in timing you can pick up clerking along the way.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Welcome to the club Paul, it's a great group and you won't be dissappointed.

What car are your running in Time Attack? Post a picture, please.
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

Welcome to the party
    OTA #72

In Time attack I will either be running a B-Spec Mazda2 or a Gen2 Speed3. It depends on Mazda.