Thread: FarShark - New Member Here

FarShark - New Member Here

Hey Folks,

Just thought I'd post up a blurb and introduce myself.

My name is Farshad and I live in Kincardine. I have always had a great interest in racing and am very competitive by nature. I have participated in Time Attack each summer for the last two years and enjoyed every second of it and wouldn't have been so without the support of my wife who attends every event or lapping session with me. We own a Subaru Impreza, a Hyundai Tiburon and a Nissan Skyline GTR.

Late last year a friend of mine had attempted a Navigation Rally event and was in need of a Navigator. I expressed interest the first time he tried it however, he already had a navigator. Earlier this year in January he asked me if I was interested as he wanted to continue and needed a navigator (he also recently joined the SPDA). Since the first event in January, we have now completed 5 events, and I enjoy it a lot.

Although Rallying is great, my main interest still remains Time Attack, but anything that involves cars is always good in my books.

I joined SPDA because I always saw the name around and it seemed like an active club.

I have met Stephen, Trevor, Yevgeniy and a few other SPDA folks at the ORRC events and look forward to meeting more folks and making new friends!

I have a few clips up on youtube as well, feel free to have a look: http://www.youtube.com/frdsani

This one is my favourite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdTKAIZoh-w

Cheers,

Farshad

Farshad Sani
    FS Motorsports | Facebook | YouTube

Welcome, Farshad! You've got some good lines down at the big track. Who was your instructor?

I have no clue what two points you should claim to take you to the top of SGT3-S... weight shedding is probably the easiest and most beneficial based on what you've already claimed.

Are you going to be at Northern Lights this Saturday? It looks like you and JP have 2nd place novice pretty solid!

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Thanks for the welcome. My instructor was Martin G. That was an awesome track! Looking forward to driving it next year, if its available.

I think one point will be my spray kit, and the other will likely be the front diffuser/under tray.

JP and I will be at the Northern Lights Rally this Saturday.

Farshad Sani

Uhmmm, what type of spray? Intercooler surface? Water/meth injection? Nitrous?And yes, Scott and I found out that we may be going back to MIR afterall! Wait for publication before getting excited.

Intercooler spray, I have two bottles and two options. CO2 or Nitrous.

Farshad Sani

I/C spray doesn't smell like a great ePIP to take, but have not considered it too much.

Depending on how much free mass comes out of the car (e.g., wheels, exhaust, etc), going the curb weight route (with enough bPIPs or other qualifying factor) can be a good option. It allows you to take chassis bracing for free and to start playing around with weight distribution. As a bonus, it is only charged on the power side of the formula, you get the handling improvement for free.
    OTA #72

I think you're going faster by the second marshalling station that I am at the end of the back straight

Welcome aboard Farshad.
    Barry G

CO2 would be the safer bet I think... Even though the Nitrous would only be routed to the intercooler, some scrutineers might have an issue with it.

Lloyd has a point... you'd have to be running enough of it and getting enough benefit to make it worth a PIP in OTA. I'm not sure how CSCS will treat it.

That said, could be good on a dual OTA/CSCS car. Don't use it for OTA, use it for CSCS.

Just don't worry if it is working in T1...
    OTA #72

My engine tends to run very hot and I believe the spray may help shed a few degrees that the air picks up from all the hot piping. The system is already in so the only benefit of not using it would be the 15lb bottle (total weight) and the bracket which I yet have to install since I don't want to rip it all out.

I do understand the handling benefit of the better weight distribution and a lighter car. It's just that I have the spray already in.

Thanks Barry, not sure what you mean by going faster by the second marshalling station; faster in reference to?

CSCS unfortunately (or fortunately for some) has very lax rules for modifications. The categories are very broad and the spray is allowed, however they do not under any circumstances allow nitrous, which is why I also have a CO2 bottle.

I'm not sure what you mean by T1? Sorry still trying to learn most of the terminology.

Farshad Sani