Thread: 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

A friend of mine is considering purchasing a Genesis Coupe 2.0T, and was wondering if there's any common issues with them. Anybody here know much about them? Trung do you still work for Hyundai?

I'm still there! Nothing major so far, it's pretty quick but the Transmission is very sloppy and clutch engagement is not to my taste! Still on the heavy side but you get a lot bang for your buck!
    Hi, my nickname is \"Smiley\".

Looking for a New Hyundai or used car? Ask me!

The three most feared words in racing: All Wheel Drive
    [img]http://spda-onlin...

Have they fixed the transmission issues yet? Seemed like the major weak point on the last generation.
    OTA #72

I didn't drive the 2.0T, I drove the Genesis sedan automatic and was really disappointed. The Traction control can not be fully shut off with the sedam and is way too intrusive, unless Trung has a trick for it to fully disable?? The 8 speed auto transmission felt like a really bad CVT. My rental car had clearly been curbed or worse... clunks out of the RR and LF, so maybe that was part of the transmission feel. That said, interior comfort and controls were pretty good.

I would have to have a way to get rid of the traction control to consider the manual. Make sure he drives it in wet or snowy conditions. Hated, hated, hated the traction control.
    Last edited by STeveD; 12-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

With the 2013 Coupes, you can now fully disable the traction control and the Stability control, ABS is still active however! Transmission is still very sloppy! Rental cars really Steve! This year will be my first season without a Subaru since my first Subaru in 2001!
    Hi, my nickname is \"Smiley\".

Looking for a New Hyundai or used car? Ask me!

The three most feared words in racing: All Wheel Drive
    [img]http://spda-onlin...

Thanks for the info. My friend would be using it as a daily driver, and would most likely buy an automatic. He has no intentions of getting into autoslalom or going to the track. But then again, I never had any intentions of doing this stuff when I bought my WRX.