Thread: Is the Nurburgring Nordschleife Decal Earned?

Is the Nurburgring Nordschleife Decal Earned?

Saw a $exy blue '06-'07 WRX with a big wing in Orillia last night, and took some pictures alongside my '04 because I heard they are the same basic body with different front fascia treatment. And it looks good, I have to admit.

But the real question for this post is the Nordschleife decal on that big wing. Driving the Nordschleife in a performance car is on my bucket list, so of course I'm curious.

Does having the decal mean he's driven the Nurburgring Nordschleife? If it does, then I'd be jealous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

90% of the time I've seen them people buy them off eBay because they like the track in GT5 or Forza.

Plus its cool right, right. . . .

That's not to say he hasn't driven the ring before. But if you are going to put it on a car to me that car should have been to the ring. Maybe a ring tattoo is in order. LOL
    Paul Figueiredo - TRAKRAVN - 2015 Scion FRS

Paul Figueiredo - TRAKRAVN - 2015 Scion FRS

When we were at the Ring a couple years ago it was evident driving around the town and through the rest of Germany that the stickers were only put on cars that had driven the ring. This was verified by the owner of the B&B we stayed at and you would be amazed at the amount of commuter cars who have been around the "track". All I can really say is that I am happy that its not within driving distance, it's crazy addictive, and its so technical that if you plan on going fast, sooner than later you will crash. Of the 4 other people at our B&B within driving distance of the ring 3 had crashed (written cars off) at the ring at some point yet they were all back again going for the perfect lap.
    Ivano D.

SPDA TREASURER

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    When we were at the Ring a couple years ago it was evident driving around the town and through the rest of Germany that the stickers were only put on cars that had driven the ring. This was verified by the owner of the B&B we stayed at and you would be amazed at the amount of commuter cars who have been around the "track". All I can really say is that I am happy that its not within driving distance, it's crazy addictive, and its so technical that if you plan on going fast, sooner than later you will crash. Of the 4 other people at our B&B within driving distance of the ring 3 had crashed (written cars off) at the ring at some point yet they were all back again going for the perfect lap.
    I agree. I'm happy it's not within driving distance too because I can't afford to write off a vehicle, and I'm already addicted to the thought of driving a performance car at the Nordschleife. It's on my bucket list.

And by the way Ivano, do you have a Nordschleife decal? You've earned it.
    Last edited by LaszloT; 06-18-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Add question.
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

he can even put it on his car... lol. Then again, would any of us object if he had it stamped on his butt?

speaking of which, would bmw have objected to the sticker had it been applied at the track, I wonder?
    Allen T.
    2007 Impreza 2.5i SE :-D