Thread: Bear Cub Rally - Polar Bear touring class

Bear Cub Rally - Polar Bear touring class

All the excitement of the Polar Bear Rally without the endurance.

For those who don't think they can handle eight and a half hours of overnight rally, Polar Bear Rally is offering the Bear Cub Rally. For a reduced price, $50, you get the first leg of the full rally with strictly distance-to-turn instructions. Four hours, 200 km, and some of the best roads in the area. The first car is out at 10 pm and returns about 2 am. You're on the road home by 3 instead of 7 or 8 am. We'll have small awards for the Bear Cub Rally leg.

Should you be amped up on coffee or energy drinks and think you're ready to tackle the second and third legs, then top up the registration fee and you're in, breakfast included. You'll qualify for ORRC points as well.

Snow tires and safety triangle are still mandatory for Bear Cub Rally.
    Pre-register at mlrc.ca/mlwr and chose Touring Class. Payment - cash at the door, or e-transfer (preferred) to treasurer@mlrc.ca
    Polar Bear Rally Feb 15-16, Bancroft

I sure do miss doing the overnight rallies! Glad to see they are still around.
    Time Attack - #107 TBD
    Autoslalom - #105 SM

SPDA Social Dictator

--

The Polar Bear Rally (formerly Maple Leaf Winter Rally) is an excellent event, and the Bear Cub Rally is a great option. This should be a "must do" event on anyone's calender. Previous rally experience is recommended, though the Touring class will simplify things if navigational instructions are holding you back.

I believe Bruce is also looking for a few checkpoint crews, so please get in touch if you're available. It's easy to do, and we can provide simple training.

Final Scoring!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Congratulations, STeveD (and Opal)! Well done.
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

Quote Originally Posted by LW_Black4 View Post
    Congratulations, STeveD (and Opal)! Well done.
    Thanks! We had a few errors, but overall a pretty clean night. I think the HAM radio helps keep Opal awake.

Certainly more commendable is that Bryce racked up a Novice win at his first overnight endurance rally! I tell ya... born navigator.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Thanks Steve, yeah was a lot of fun. Hope to make it out to a few more TSDs this year. Really most of my job that night was reigning in Chip's right foot. After Leg A we really settled out and got into a nice groove all the way to the end.

Nice, BryceD! Well done.
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.