Thread: rookie looking to get more involved..

rookie looking to get more involved..

I attended the ATTS at CTMP May 24.. and joined the club this week. Well now I want to do more.. Looking for any advice on how I can get more involved. I admit I don't know anyone, I learned a couple of names .. though I may have forgotten them already (sorry coaches.. oops I remember Melanie)
    For now I am attending any events I can find, was at Picton today as a spectator.. thinking of going back tomorrow and actually driving this time... 1st time cone warrior..

Thanks

Do it! Ask for people to sit with you and ask for ridealongs.

There's OTA at the DDT next weekend. It's sold out, but if you bring your helmet and give puppy dog looks, you might get ridealongs.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Learned my lesson today, when I was offered a ride but no helmets.. and I thought of packing it too...
    2013 WRB BRZ

If you are free tomorrow I definitely reccomend you try it out. Picton is a really fun venue.
    Simon

It's not directly SPDA related, but there are a ton of PITL and Trillium (BMW) autoslalom events left this summer.

If I can fit it in I may come up to the PITL next weekend. Had hoped to get to Grand Bend today for their lapping day, but had to be home earlyish. torontotrackdays.com is a pretty good resource!
    2013 WRB BRZ

Went back to Picton today, was great, no clue how I was doing though due to timing issues.. I know I got an off course once.. no clue if I had more 'offs'. Thanks to those I met at the event for your guidance, not sure if they are all on here .. Steve, Andrew, Jeremy, Peter
    2013 WRB BRZ

Welcome to the obsession Martyn!!
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

Welcome Martyn - Andrew in the red clone of your car.
    #46 STX BRS

Looking forward to seeing those pictures Andrew!
    2013 WRB BRZ

Martyn, depends on what you want to do Autocross/Track events but for autocross essentially there is one every week till like late September. I had the same problem as you last year lol and essentially spent every week in the summer at an autocross/lapping day. In addition to PITL and Trillium, there are also TLMC, WOSCA, OMSC, PMSC and St. Lac that have autocross days throughout the summer. Also for lapping, places like Cayuga and Grand bend have weekday evening lapping days for a few hours and are reasonable priced. Shannonville which I think is closer to you also has occasional weekend lapping.

Thanks, I'm a fan of autoslalom, and yet to try the autoX but not sure if it will be my thing. Loved the speeds and the not so forest of cones at Picton, I am definitely going to attend the WOSCA event at Centralia. Grand Bend and Shannonville are also on the list to do. Yet to visit Cayuga, but the evening lapping days are out unfortunately. Probably going to do the trillium school at CTMP GP track in September (hate the name change btw.. tossing away history..)
    2013 WRB BRZ

Don't know if anyone 'knows' anyone.. I still haven't seen any results for the picton event, a week after the event and I don't have a single time from any of my runs. Registered on the casc-or autoslalom forum, but been waiting a week now for admin to approve my registration (sent a couple of emails about it)...
    2013 WRB BRZ

Martyn,

We are all waiting.

Andrew

#46 STX BRS

ahh whew, thanks for letting me know Andrew, that photoset is awesome thank you
    2013 WRB BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    Thanks, I'm a fan of autoslalom, and yet to try the autoX but not sure if it will be my thing.
    Autoslalom and autox are the same thing, just different names for them. There are definitely different types of courses, but they fall under the same classification.

I have been told that the results will be posted shortly, and I activated you on CASC-OR

Excellent thanks. Andrew.. what camera and lens are you using for those photos?
    2013 WRB BRZ