Thread: My Foot is Too Narrow

My Foot is Too Narrow

I just tried heel-toe downshifting, and realized my foot is too narrow to do it properly. I need a wider gas pedal or brake pedal. Any ideas? After-market one?
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

You can wear some of my wide shoes.

In the past, Fourstar heated my gas pedal with a torch and bent the gas pedal to where I needed it. However, Subaru might have changed the pedal shaft to plastic like other manufacturers.

I also like an adjusting rod added to the brake pedal to increase the brake pedal height, but maybe Subaru has done a better job with that on the 2015.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

With the drive by wire setup, you can no longer bend the gas pedal arm. But you can buy yourself some fancy brake pedal / gas pedal covers.

This helps to widen the gas, brake and clutch pedals. Look at the pictures here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...nual-7639.html

http://www.subaru.com.au/sti-perform...dal-pad-set-mt

I've got those (the link for legacygt.com). It did help over stock pedals.
    -----
    formerly SubLeg05

For really wide pedals I end up doing a pivot on the ball of my foot and actually catch the throttle with my heel, rather than the side of my foot.

That's what I normally do Bryce, but the centre pillar/firewall (not quite sure what it's called) under the dash doesn't give you a lot of wiggle room, so when I move my foot to "ankle/side of foot"-toe downshift, the centre gets in the way and there's just no room, unless I actually lift my entire leg, which I'd really rather not do.

So it looks like pedal extension, or pedal modification for me.

Walter, the instructions on that link aren't really clear, maybe this weekend, when we have a free moment at the ADC, we can go over it a bit better?
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

Sure.

The plastic gas peddle is mounted to a metal plate with two bolts. The mod is to re-position the lower mounting bolt so the bottom of the gas peddle swings toward the brake.

Ok, that makes better sense than the pics!
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

Are you Heel Toeing or Toe edging???

I can't heel toe, but toe edge all my downshifts easily. the wider the shoe the easier it is...

Another suggestion on pedal covers is the Cusco Gas Pedal Extender. I have purchased it but not installed it yet, it was originally designed for the FRS/BRZ but if the 2015's pedal is the same as the previous generations this should work.

Martin Wong
    2009 SSM STI

Quote Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
    Are you Heel Toeing or Toe edging???

I can't heel toe, but toe edge all my downshifts easily. the wider the shoe the easier it is...
    Can't do either. My foot is too small/narrow of toe edging (ladies don't have big SteveD sized feet ) and the tonneau is too wide and close to the gas pedal for heel toe.
    Social Dictator
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by mardin View Post
    Another suggestion on pedal covers is the Cusco Gas Pedal Extender. I have purchased it but not installed it yet, it was originally designed for the FRS/BRZ but if the 2015's pedal is the same as the previous generations this should work.

Thanks Martin! I'll have to take a look at the different stock pedals this weekend too LOL
    Social Dictator
    Melanie