Thread: My favorite Nissan: R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo Edition

My favorite Nissan: R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo Edition

@nissannx

Definitely my favorite Nissan, but probably not made in right-hand drive.

"After cancelling the Skyline GT-R in 1973, Nissan revived the GT-R again in 1989. At the time Nissan was competing in Group A Racing with the Skyline GTS-R. Nissan wanted to retire the GTS-R in favor of a more competitive vehicle. The new generation GT-R, E-BNR32 chassis (commonly shortened to R32), was designed to dominate Group A racing"

"The Skyline GT-R 'Nismo', introduced on February 22, 1990, has a total production of 560 units as required for the "Evolution" models regulation (over 500). Only 500 of the cars were sold to the public, with 60 being held by Nissan to turn into race cars.[15] Its purpose is to homologate a number of aerodynamic changes used in Group A racing. Changes include additional ducts in the front bumper to improve airflow to the intercooler, a bonnet lip spoiler to direct more air into the engine bay, and an additional boot lip spoiler to provide more downforce. The 'Nismo' GT-R was only available in Gunmetal Grey."

[both from Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline_GT-R]

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...o-skyline-r32/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LaszloT; 02-19-2015 at 12:02 PM. Reason: correct mention
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

My favourite Nissan too

Farshad Sani
    FS Motorsports | Facebook | YouTube

Unfortunately, all of those early Nissan's were not ever brought over to North America, so all are RHD. Love them too, but I want LHD! One exception, the GTi-R (the model I got my engine from) that was known as baby godzilla, was made for the German market and it was left hand drive. But very costly to bring to Canada - if you can find one.
    Frank - I drive a Nissan

Is this a GTi-R Frank?
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

No, I think that is a Pulsar though. The GTi-R is based upon the Pulsar but has a lot of unique features - such as a SR20DET engine which is different than all other SR20DETs ever built. Recognizable by the scoop on the hood for the TMIC.
    Frank - I drive a Nissan

I was living in Sweden at the time (rallying too) when these Pulsar's were being used. There were a few around but not a ton.