Thread: ATTS Beginner Friendly Lapping day - May 23 at Mosport DDT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Posted a few photos in the SPDA facebook group. So as not to step on any toes.. I have lots more, just many people ran license plates so not going to post any of those without permission. If you would like some photos of your own car and you weren't in the advanced group.. Let me know which car and an email addy and I may have some I can send you. Ermm but be specific.. bloo Subaru may not be enough

Oops Targa truck is posted with plates... lemme know if those should be pulled..?
    Last edited by MartynD; 05-23-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    2013 WRB BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    Posted a few photos in the SPDA facebook group. So as not to step on any toes.. I have lots more, just many people ran license plates so not going to post any of those without permission. If you would like some photos of your own car and you weren't in the advanced group.. Let me know which car and an email addy and I may have some I can send you. Ermm but be specific.. bloo Subaru may not be enough

Oops Targa truck is posted with plates... lemme know if those should be pulled..?
    Hey Martyn...Requested access to the SPDA FaceBook page. See one shot of my Genesis Coupe (Grey with the Chapter 11 decal on bumper)! If you have any more, would love to see them. Not sure if I should leave my email in the thread or PM it to you?
    DaveB

Yesterday was too much fun!

Martyn Sent you a PM.

Here's a short video of one of my runs yesterday.

http://youtu.be/e-MZiUh2FzI
    Simon

Agreed, good save! Try for a late apex just at the end/after the concrete and then it's flat over crest. Way to make the next corner after the crest!

PS: we teach 9 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by 7plymaple View Post
    Yesterday was too much fun!

Martyn Sent you a PM.

Here's a short video of one of my runs yesterday.

http://youtu.be/e-MZiUh2FzI

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Quote Originally Posted by STeveD View Post
    Agreed, good save! Try for a late apex just at the end/after the concrete and then it's flat over crest. Way to make the next corner after the crest!

PS: we teach 9 and 3
    Thanks! Yes I started to figure out the later apex and staying on the throttle from the concrete curbing until coming down from the crest was working for me. Need more practice on that section. Looking at your avatar I think it was you I tried to follow through that sectionin this video. http://youtu.be/OziFmKV9wKE Got in a little deeper that time lol

And I did check myself on the ridiculous hand misplacements. The first part of that video was my second run of the day.
    Simon

My guess is that was Trevor driving, since I wasn't in many of the Coaches sessions, and I don't remember passing Mel on track. We have to grab 5t:h before the first left crest without the kink else we sometimes bang off the Rev limiter in 4th as we get light on the other side. Then if the front end bites on the right kink we hold revs near 7000 in 5th as we go over the right crest at the end of the straight. Key is waiting for turn in for that right part and dialing the steering in a bit quicker rather than the nice smooth arc you're doing. The fast input feels wrong, but it puts you on the right angle over the hump. I'd Crap my pants if I entered it from the left side of the track because we're still sliding left after the late apex.

Quote Originally Posted by 7plymaple View Post
    Thanks! Yes I started to figure out the later apex and staying on the throttle from the concrete curbing until coming down from the crest was working for me. Need more practice on that section. Looking at your avatar I think it was you I tried to follow through that sectionin this video. http://youtu.be/OziFmKV9wKE Got in a little deeper that time lol

And I did check myself on the ridiculous hand misplacements. The first part of that video was my second run of the day.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Quote Originally Posted by STeveD View Post
    My guess is that was Trevor driving, since I wasn't in many of the Coaches sessions, and I don't remember passing Mel on track. We have to grab 5t:h before the first left crest without the kink else we sometimes bang off the Rev limiter in 4th as we get light on the other side. Then if the front end bites on the right kink we hold revs near 7000 in 5th as we go over the right crest at the end of the straight. Key is waiting for turn in for that right part and dialing the steering in a bit quicker rather than the nice smooth arc you're doing. The fast input feels wrong, but it puts you on the right angle over the hump. I'd Crap my pants if I entered it from the left side of the track because we're still sliding left after the late apex.
    Okay I get that. Need to get out there and practice it. Do you have any youtube videos up? Sounds like a wild ride!
    Simon

Red STI hatch (with plates, sorry).

dubya (dot) brooks (at) gmail (dot) com

Another great lapping event with SPDA! Organizers and volunteers were awesome, as always!

Posted a few photos in the SPDA facebook group. So as not to step on any toes.. I have lots more, just many people ran license plates so not going to post any of those without permission.
    I'm on the FB page. Feel free to post as many of the Black Fiat Abarth pics as you wish.

For those interested here's a vid of my rear facing cam. Got alot of BRZ's up my chuff if you wanted to see yourselves in action :-P
    https://youtu.be/Rm1ri1Cg91w

Hi, got any pictures with my 2008 Forester XT? I Pm'd you my email address. I'm not sure what SPDA's facebook page is as I can't find it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
    I'm not sure what SPDA's facebook page is as I can't find it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/291703044249405/
    2013 FRS - Daily enjoyed.