Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ATTS Beginner Friendly Lapping day - May 23 at Mosport DDT

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Looks like you're turning in a bit later than I've been doing, I felt like the line in this video was working, but I'll have to try pushing the turn further down to see how that works too.
    Nevermind, watching it on the big screen I see it now. You stop accelerating after you crest and reach 6000rpm in 4th. You need to stay flat on the throttle until the braking zone of 15A. Then you will appreciate the late apex.

(Please don't tell me that was foot flat to the floor from your upshift to 4 until after the second crest... You will have crushed by BRZ dreams....)

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

There's definitely a lift before turning into the bend, but it's flat until then, and flat again through the apex and up towards 15a. I'll try to be a big boy and stay flat (with a later line) next time
    2013 FRS - Daily enjoyed.

Thanks again for organizing another great day out. This was my third time and the little Kia is still alive. I took some advice I got last year and splurged on some dedicated rims and tires for lapping, it really helped.

Looking forward to Sept.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    Looking forward to Sept.
    Jonesy: "CON! Crazy Ivan!"

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Steve thanks for posting that. Its something I may not have got enough laps to figure out for a few summers! I think this line would suit me and my car. If I had one day figured it out I would probably have thought of it as cornering before the corner (the right hander) with an exit that lets me straighten up and go straight passed the right handers curbing to the turn in of the chicane. Thats how I picture things lol.

wparsons nice run. That line looked more like what I was trying for. But I wasnt very successful executing it.
    Simon

To all the PM's I received: I have been away for most of the week I will try and get all caught up with photos this weekend
    2013 WRB BRZ

Think I have responded to all pm's and requests for pictures..

If anyone has any more of the blue brz in the advanced group ?
    2013 WRB BRZ

Martyn,

That was really nice of you to get everyone those pictures.

Thanks!
    Simon

Going to see if I can advance my skills at photog this weekend I'll be back at the DDT perhaps Saturday and definitely sunday to see if I can do a bit better
    2013 WRB BRZ