Thread: Racing Next Weekend at CTMP

Racing Next Weekend at CTMP

While I am new to SPDA thanks to Trevor this year getting me involved in the ATTS events I thought it would be nice to let you all know about my non-SPDA activities. I'll be running in the 3hr enduro with a few friends, fielding 3 cars. They aren't Subaru's but cars with a healthy pedigree regardless.

You can see the latest update here

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showpos...8&postcount=21

If anyone is free on the 12th feel free to come check things out. Tickets are free on the CASC website.
    NOW: 2008 Aspen White STI
    TRACK: 2008 Legacy GT Spec-B (ex-Koni Challenge SRRT car)
    STOLEN: 2006 Aspen White STI

Welcome to SPDA!

Good luck and have fun at the 3 hr Enduro.

How do you like the '08 STi versus your old '06 STi?
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

Thanks! A very simple but complex questions you posed.

Simply - I was looking for a 06/07 right after the car was stolen. I couldn't find any ones that were un-molested or touched in the way I wouldn't have to undo things. I did find one but the day I got my payout notice he backed out on the deal and all of a sudden the price went up.

Complexly - The 08 is an upgrade and a downgrade in a few ways. More space, heated seats, Nav (shitty but there) are great. I can fit 8x Wheel and Tire in the back for the race car + other stuff. The softer suspension, handling, and build quality (now rusting in places it shouldn't) are things that make it seem like a downgrade. Also my wife liked the 06 more too!

Sounds like a fun race, I'm in a baseball tournament that day so I can't come watch

Good luck!
    2013 FRS - Daily enjoyed.

Good news, Evan! I bet you've missed the action! Enjoy the Cougar!

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Quote Originally Posted by STeveD View Post
    Good news, Evan! I bet you've missed the action! Enjoy the Cougar!

That sounds not very PG-13!

Thanks guys. Not competing W2W is a bummer. Being out with the ATTS event's has definitely been a great way to keep sharp IMHO. I'm really hoping to be more active competing next year perhaps with the LGT back in action or something else. Perhaps in CTCC

Quote Originally Posted by egroenke View Post
    The softer suspension, handling .... are things that make it seem like a downgrade. Also my wife liked the 06 more too!
    You just haven't found the right roads to appreciate the suspension. We have a short drive in the country coming up on October 3rd. I'll have to twist your arm to try a navigational rally.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorH View Post
    You just haven't found the right roads to appreciate the suspension. We have a short drive in the country coming up on October 3rd. I'll have to twist your arm to try a navigational rally.
    Trev - I have 2 concerns with your recommendation :-)

1) I added springs. Daily driving is imperceptible but on track the progressive rates are a huge improvement
    2) Oct 3 won't work unless you want to see me losing my lunch like others have in the Nav seat. I'm at a wedding in Ancaster the night before so I 100% will be sub-prime readiness the day after.