Thread: Subaru WRX STI Rumored to Get Turbo Hybrid Powertrain

Subaru WRX STI Rumored to Get Turbo Hybrid Powertrain

I think 320 Hp is a bit light these days - I'd prefer 400 - but I have no issue with the concept Impreza styling.

'Rumor has it that the next WRX STI will debut in 2017 and under the hood will be a revised version of the current 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will be aided by an electric motor for a combined system output of at least 320 horsepower.'

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...owertrain.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

I don't know if its just me, but from the side it looks like a Civic, and from the front it looks like a Hyundai. I like the drivetrain concept, but I'm not in love with the styling personally.

With this design it doesn't look like Subaru will be heading back to the WRC in the near future. This isn't following the small hatch everyone else has in WRC.
    Too bad. Still love the 2003 WRC model.

Brock,
    Subaru's motorsports focus shifted to the 24 Hours of Nurburgring in 2008, according to their press launch video of the 2015 WRX & STI technology.

See minute 1:32 in the video below:

2015 Subaru WRX: More than Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
    https://youtu.be/jUOtkxoUus0

Is it good? Not necessarily for rally fans, but I do like watching the STi duke it out with their main competitor - the Audi TT RS - at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

Everyone will diss the changes until the car sets new Isle of Man record or something.. I suspect the electrical assist will be to rear wheels in addition to normal awd. Either way, looking forward to see how it turns out. I'm currently trading in my STI for BRZ for a bit, but in a year or two, i'll probably be looking for something bigger again. I really really really wish there would be a new STI hatch coming.. I'd be looking forward to that.
    Yevgeniy G.