Thread: NEW Code Reader - Unfortunately Because CEL

NEW Code Reader - Unfortunately Because CEL

I've got an EJ207 with a protune, with about 12,000 trouble-free miles on the engine. Of course, as a used JDM motor it wasn't new when it was installed.

Started to get a temporary solid CEL on hot restart that went away once I drove away.

Grabbed a universal code reader and it looks like from the codes - see pictures below - that it's the rear O2 sensor. I replaced the front O2 sensor and the timing belt when we put the motor in.

Not sure why I'd be getting a cam position sensor code as well, because the timing belt was replaced at installation with this motor as well, but what do you think?

Oh yes, here is the code reference: http://www.autocodes.com/p0365_subaru.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LaszloT; 01-18-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: code reference
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX
    The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

O2 sensor code, replace the O2 sensor.

The cam position sensor can be caused by a faulty cam sensor. Put it on a scope and check the wave form, or take a chance and replace the sensor. They are not expensive. YOu may also have a corroded connector, just pull it off and clean the contacts, then put it back on. Clear codes and go for 4 drives to see if it comes back.

Ok JoeT, that's helpful. Thanks.
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX

Replaced the rear O2 sensor and now no more CEL. It's as easy as that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Laszlo - red '17 WRX