Thread: 2017 Board of Directors Elections - Nominations Thread

Exclamation 2017 Board of Directors Elections - Nominations Thread

Ah, the exciting part of the AGM! We, the members, get to choose our representatives for the next two years!

Per our club charter, up for election are the following positions:

5. Length of Terms

5.1. President, Secretary and Competition Ambassadors
    The President, Secretary and Competition Ambassadors shall be elected to serve for a period of two years starting in the odd calendar year.

Current President: Joe Trinidad
    Current Secretary: Laszlo Toth
    Autoslalom Ambassador: Mark Bovey
    Race Ambassador: Scott Murfin
    Rally Ambassador: Trevor Hancher
    Time Attack Ambassador: Will Parsons

Joe Trinidad, Laszlo Toth, Scott Murfin, Trevor Hancher, Will Parsons are willing to stand for re-election, but that should not dissuade you from pursuing a position if you're interested. It's all part of our wonderful democracy.

Please use this thread to indicate your interest in a position, or to nominate a candidate.

You can contact the board if you have any questions.

8. Duties of the Directors

8.1. President

The President will preside at all regular, annual and committee meetings and conduct them in accordance with parliamentary authority named in Article 10 of the by-laws. The President shall sign all official documents and countersign all cheques. The President, as Chief Executive Officer, shall supervise the club's affairs and activities.

8.3. Secretary

The Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings and shall keep the records in accordance with the parliamentary authority named in Article 6 of the by-laws. The Secretary shall prepare the minutes for distribution as required.

8.6. Competition Ambassadors

The Competition Ambassadors shall be responsible for organizing all SPDA competition events and keeping a record of all competition points and standings. These shall be published on the SPDA web site and mailing list. The Ambassador may recruit committee members as necessary, and shall be responsible for each event's compliance with current club rules and regulations.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

I nominate Dov Aronoff for the position of Time Attack Ambassador. I think that his passion for the sport and Social Media savvy will be a great addition to OTA and a benefit to club members wanting to participate.

Stephen - I drive Blue Subarus of the rally and track varietals.

Quote Originally Posted by STeveD View Post
    I nominate Dov Aronoff for the position of Time Attack Ambassador. I think that his passion for the sport and Social Media savvy will be a great addition to OTA and a benefit to club members wanting to participate.
    Seconded.
    2013 FRS - Daily enjoyed.