Thread: PADA Presents: Thurs - June 29th - OPP Show & Shine Event

PADA Presents: Thurs - June 29th - OPP Show & Shine Event

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know, I'm an instructor at Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy (PADA) and we've hooked up with the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.) to work with them to curtail the whole street racing problem.

As a result, we are co-hosting a Show-and-Shine event this Thursday, June 29th at Vaughan Mills mall in the parking lot in front of the Bass Pro Shop - this will start from 5pm and end at around 8pm.

For more details, please check out our FaceBook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/186298638569913/

We've been assured by the OPP that this is NOT an "enforcement event" and officers will not be handing out tickets etc. either at the event or leaving the event. The event is being held to engage the car enthusiast community and build bridges with open and frank dialog.

Come on by, show off your cars and swing by the PADA tent and say hi!

Cheers.

Kev
    Last edited by wparsons; 06-27-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixed the url.

Doubt I can make it... I could get there right around 7:45, but not worth the drive for 15 minutes
    2013 FRS - Daily enjoyed.

Thank you everyone who came! There were quite a few FRZ's, WRX'es and all sorts of interesting vehicles (including one Canadian made armoured vehicle!).

Seems like everyone had fun and the OPP were extremely happy with the turnout. They will let us know when they want to do this again.

Good to see the cops and the community work well together. No tickets were handed out as promised and there was great dialog between the OPP and all participants especially regarding left lane bandits, clarifications of the law on RHD vehicles, riding on the shoulder, the big exotic car bust a few months back, etc.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next one!

Cheers.

Kev